People change with time, so do their aspirations. Seriously taken, Happy New Year Resolution is an opportunity to gauge our goals. For the adventurous souls, it is the opportunity to tickle a funny bone or to try something bold.
123NewYear offers Fifty amazing New Year Resolution 2016 ideas. Some are simple, some are exotic – but each is unique in its own way – there is surely a one that would appeal to you!
1. Look Where You Stand – Made loads of resolutions last New Year’s Eve? Accessed how far you have stood by them? If not, it is time you did!
2. Accomplish the Incomplete – If you still feel that the resolutions you made last year and abandoned midway are worth a second shot, give it another chance!
3. Realistic Resolutions – Instead of weaving dreams in the air, make a resolution that would have significance in and add a meaning to your life.
4. Monitor Progress – Resolve this year to monitor how far you are holding on to your commitment – it will help you to hang on.
5. Quit an Addiction – It will not take you anywhere good, trust us. If it does you no good, why stick to it? If needed, seek help of support groups or professionals. If you have the will, you shall find the way.
6. Back to School – Learning has no age. Pick up where you left off.
7. Fit in Fitness – Secure a future with fewer trips to the doctor – exercise. Select a regime you can stick to. A group activity may add the element of fun to the routine. Lose some flab. But don’t set any strict target, for then the chances are you may get de-motivated and quit.
8. Soak up New Skills – Learning something new and interesting is always fun and a value addition too.
9. Healthy Hogging – Think before you put any morsel in your mouth. Occasional indulgence should be there.
10. Lose the Loan – Pay off any debt you may have and feel light at heart.
11. Sack Stress – This sounds easier than it actually is, and there is no magic tip. You have to find your own haven.
12. Contribute for a Cause – Giving back to the society is the least we can do to make the world a better place to live in.
13. Treasure your Treasures – Splurge is fun, but saving should be the way of living. Plan with your future in mind. Relax the grip once in a while for that blissful indulgence. But should be just one or two annual affair.
14. Liven up Your Lifestyle – Professional growth is okay, but your personal life requires attention too. Strike a balance.
15. Organized – This is the key to make life easy, manage time and live stress free. Make a proper To-Do list, and you are half way there already.
16. Fun With Family – Bonding with the family will add a treasure trove of memories for you to cherish all your life.
17. Wowed By Wanderlust – If new places interest you, plan to reach out to them. You may consider including a fund for your trotting in your annual budget.
18. Adopt a Pet – The devotion, love and loyalty of a pet can never be matched. Feel the bliss by giving one a home.
19. Wreck a Record – This does not necessarily have to be a world record. It could be your own set standards — getting better grades in school, saving more than last year – anything.
20. Relive your childhood – Bring back the simplicity in life – dance in the rain, jump in a puddle, lick a Popsicle – just be carefree.
21. Spice up the Mundane – Bring some sizzle to your daily life. Plan a candlelight dinner. Bring some fresh flowers to your bedroom. This will make life seem more beautiful.
22. Unleash the Angel in You – Nothing feels better than seeing a smile on someone. Do your bit to stand by people who need support. Every little help matters.
23. Get Struck by Cupid – Falling in love is the most beautiful thing to happen in a New Year. And if you are rosy eyed enough, you could even ring the wedding bells.
24. Snooze away to Slumber-Land – Catch up on the sleep you lost and see a beautiful glow back on you – bid farewell to those dark circles for good!
25. Pep up your habitat – Beautifying where you live is the easiest way to beautify your life with a feel good factor.
26. De-clutter the accumulated junk – Life will be more organized with the unnecessary extras gone — donate the unnecessary stuff to charity. If you want, organize a garage sale – the incoming cash may motivate you to de-clutter.
27. Get a Gadget – Has there been a gadget you have been longing for? An expensive one? Save up to make it your own!
28. Step up or Step Down Social Media Activity – If you have been out of touch with your pals and peers, social media would help you get back to the grove. But if your virtual life is affecting your personal life, it is time you remedied that.
29. Tame the Mane – A brand new makeover will be a great way to discover a new you.
30. From Vocation to Profession – When your hobby becomes your profession it not only brings in money but also makes working a fun experience.
31. Positive approach to life – Vow to always view the glass to be half full. This will help you solve any obstacle you may face in life.
32. Speak Your Mind – Chuck the niceties. It is mandatory to say No at times. However remember, politeness pays too. Judiciously decide according to situation.
33. Get Pictured at the Wonders of the World – This is for the travel bugs. This would be an experience of a lifetime, but needs advanced planning.
34. Learn Language – Language skills are always an added plus.
35. Chuck the Couch – Whether we use a slang to call it being a Couch Potato or an ornamental term like Sedentary Lifestyle, if you belong to the category, you need to break out of the vicious cycle.
36. Present to hand make tokens or cards with every gift – Add a personal touch to every gift with a handmade note card or a greeting card.
37. Go for a Blind Date – For the adventurous souls, a blind date may be fun. But take care to consider the risk factors and take adequate precautions.
38. Wake up to World News – Newspaper may seem boring, but not staying abreast with current affairs will make you a bore in a crowd. Stay informed.
39. Groom Your Green Thumb – A patch of greenery is a solace in the concrete jungle we live in – well if a garden seems too much, even a few potted plants would liven up your living space.
40. Patron the Prints – E-books and softcopies are all great and convenient, but nothing compares to the luxury of snuggling up with a nice read. Hit the library and feel it.
41. Waste Not, Want Not – If there is something you don’t want – food, extra medicine, etc — hand it down to those who do.
42. Terminate the Tantrums – Being opinionated is okay. But having your fuse blown off at the slightest pretext is not. Neither are mood swings. They make you out of bounds for friends even if they do not want that.
43. Pep up your parents – Doing something nice for your parents will bring you guaranteed bliss – you are the best to know what will light up their face with a smile.
44. Give up on a bad habit – Old habits die hard – some really need to – like, biting nails, biting your lips etc.
45. Endear a Diary – Letter writing is a dead art. But expressing feelings is not. And nothing pleases a literary mind more than a few solitary moments with pen and paper. Pour your heart out in a diary.
46. Remember the Important Dates – Remembering birthdays, anniversaries etc will make your loved ones feel special, wanted and cared for. If your memory doesn’t help, take the help of technology!
47. Pamper yourself once in a while – You deserve it – do whatever your heart desires – but remember not to go overboard.
48. Enrich your vocabulary – Communication is vital in any sphere of life – enrich your vocabulary to master the art of reaching out.
49. Overcome a fear or mental block – This will make you feel liberated – it will free your mind of shackles.
50. Be sincere about punctuality and commitments – This is a resolution, if followed, would help you succeed in life and be respected too.