There are many factors that impact both of these things. So let’s explore some of them.
Below are some examples of things that have a powerful and positive impact on motivation and personal effectiveness.
19 Ways to boost your motivation and personal effectiveness
1. Get an accountability buddy. Not only does having an accountability buddy help you stay on track to achieve the results you want, they are also a great source of motivation and help you maintain your personal effectiveness too.
2. Protect yourself from energy draining and toxic people. They will suck the life out of you and have a negative impact on your motivation and effectiveness.
3. Surround yourself with positive, constructive, solution focused people who fuel your fire. It will give a tremendous boost to your energy levels which has a fairly hefty knock on effect to your motivation and effectiveness.
4. Create a powerful vision for your life, work and relationships. Keep focused on it and visualise achieving it each and every day. It will help you keep motivation going when you experience setbacks, obstacles or when the brown stuff hits the fan.
5. Get fresh air – every day. Amazing the difference this makes. Try it.
6. Spend time in nature and the great outdoors. Fabulous stress buster and as stress is a motivation and effectiveness drainer this is worth doing.
7. De- clutter your mental and physical space. Think of it like clearing the decks so that you have mental and physical space for what is more important.
8. Do more things that give you mental and physical energy. Do less of the things that drain your mental and physical energy. Your energy levels (mental and physical) have a tremendous impact on your motivation and personal effectiveness. Make this a priority.
9. Have a strong action plan and work that baby consistently! I couldn’t put it better than the great Pablo Picasso -> “Action is the foundational key to all success.”
10. Create a structure to work within each day, week and month. It will keep you focussed, on track and effective.
11. Have a strong self care programme that you work consistently. Include things like getting enough sleep, eating healthy foods, exercise, yoga, meditation. Self care has a massive impact on how you feel and operate, mentally and physically. And how you feel and operate has a massive impact on your motivation and effectiveness.
12. Hire a coach or mentor – this can be a really powerful way to boost motivation, personal effectiveness and achieve your goals faster, easier and consistently.
13. Break your goals down into small manageable chunks. Much more motivating than focusing on the mountain you have to climb!
14. Do the most important things first in the day. That way you will always know that you have the priorities nailed no matter what the rest of the day throws at you. There is great satisfaction in that!
15. Don’t be a Lone Ranger. Get support. Create your own “dream team” of people around you that will give you unconditional, non judgemental support.
16. Join a Mastermind Group –a mastermind group is a great way to get support with achieving your goals and to keep yourself motivated and effective. Plus hearing other people’s ideas and perspectives is a great source for sparking fresh thinking and new ideas.
17. Have a Hero – think of someone you look up to or is a role model for you, or has done something you would like to do. Learn from them, follow them on social media, read their stuff, attend their events etc. Learning from others you admire is inspiring and boosts motivation.
18. Commit to learning about and improving your mindset and personal development. I can’t stress enough how important this is. The reason being is because what and how you think drives your feelings, your feelings drive your motivation and effectiveness and this drives your results.
19. Celebrate your successes – regularly – no matter how big or small. It will remind you that you are making progress and that will boost your motivation.
Is there anything you would add to this list? Would love to here your opinions and experiences on keeping motivated and effective. Let’s discuss this subject further in the comments section below.